What is Sonshine in a Bag?
- The Sonshine in a Bag program provides bags of food for the weekend to students who qualify through a teacher/counselor/psychologist/staff referral. They refer students who they feel could benefit from receiving food from this program. Many of these children are on the free and reduced lunch program at school. For many of these children, the food they receive for lunch at school may be the only food they receive for the day. Ensuring that children have nutritious food available to meet their needs will help them to concentrate better during school, have less behavioral issues, and improve school attendance.
- The purpose of this program is to provide these students with nutritious food for the weekend. In return this will help the students be more successful in school and have a brighter future.
How Can I Help?
- Donate By Check: Please make checks to Germantown First Church of God and designate for Sonshine in a Bag. Checks can be placed in the offering plate or mailed to Germantown First Church of God 760 Farmersville Pike Germantown, OH 45327
- Donate Online: click here to donate online (under “Special Intentions” type in “Sonshine in a Bag”)
- Donate Food Items: click here to see the list of needed items (please purchase items only on the list). Drop off at Germantown First Church of God, 9am-3pm.
- Help Pack Bags: Bags are packed and prepared for delivery every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month @6:30pm in the church fellowship hall.
- For questions please contact the Germantown First Church of God at 855-6907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org